The Lot region
Gramat: the heart of the Lot!
The town of Gramat, a few kilometre from Rocamadour, has based its tourism strategy on the rehabilitation of its architectural heritage and the enhancement of an exceptional environment.
At the bends of the hiking trails, tourists and holidaymakers will thus discover the Alzou canyon and river, gariottes and mills, dry lawns and low walls, dolmens and tumuli, Roman churches and chapels, sites, caves and chasms… which are the riches of the Lot .
Life in its purest form at the bend of peasant paths to discover the small Caussenard heritage and pilgrim paths in the footsteps of the builders of the faith.
Gramat has an ideal location due to its central position on the causse.
To see in the Lot region (click on the link for the most beautiful tourist sites for your holidays in Gramat, Rocamadour and the surrounding area):
- The animal park of Gramat
- The Rocher des Aigles ecopark
- The Padirac chasm
- The caves of Lacave
- The Cougnaguet water mill
- The caves of Presque
- Assier castle
- The major sites of the Midi Pyrenées
And many other unusual and pleasant sites to visit during your holidays in the Lot…
Hobbies in the Gramat region
Activities to do and places to visit in the Gramat sector
- The abyss of Padirac or the caves of Pech Merle, meditate in the chapel of the Black Virgin in Rocamadour, browse the hiking trails by bike or on foot, follow rivers and streams, discover the stone walls and dolmens, are just as many of pleasures offered to lovers of discovery.
- The Causses du Quercy, classified as a Regional Natural Park, have a remarkable limestone area.
Discreet and harmonious, the imprint of man can be read through the stones of an environment that has been inhabited for millennia.
- Ornate caves, cave dwellings as well as vernacular architecture.
A fragile and precious heritage which sculpts the landscapes and gives this territory its exceptional character.